If I miss work as a result of a Florida car accident, can my lost wages be recovered? | Marianne Howanitz | Attorney at Law | http://ocalaaccidentlaw.com/ | 352-512-0444 | 118 W Fort King St., Ocala, Florida, 34471
If you’re injured in a Florida car accident and you miss work, your lost wages may be covered. You need to make sure that you document them properly, though, with your employer, and make sure that you have documentation from your doctors that you couldn’t physically work. In addition to past lost wages, you may have a claim for future loss of ability to earn income. That is if your injuries are significant enough where they’ve affected your ability to earn income in the future.
If I miss work as a result of a Florida car accident, can my lost wages be recovered? | Abbott Law Group, P.A. | Personal Injury Law Firm | http://www.abbottlawgroup.com/ | (877) 292-1500 | 2929 Plummer Cove Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32223
Yes, and they can be recovered in two ways. First, we have a system called no-fault, which requires everybody who drives a car in Florida to have something called PIP, which is Personal Injury Protection. That will pay part of your lost wages 60%. If the other person who caused the accident has insurance, then you can recover that balance, the other 40%. Once your PIP is exhausted, because it usually is sold in $10,000 increments, you can then recover from the other person’s liability insurance.
If I miss work as a result of a Florida car accident, can my lost wages be recovered? | Adelman & Adelman P.A. | http://www.adelmanlawyers.com/ | (954) 341-2777 | Morgan Stanley Plaza: 2825 N. University Drive, Suite 410, Coral Springs, Florida 33065
Yes, lost wages are a textbook example of economic damages, which is one of the main areas of damages that people seek in accident claims. You get hurt in a car accident, you are not able to work, you should be able to make that claim. The only way that would be a problem is if you haven’t claimed your income in the last few years. These are the type of reasons that you would need to get the guidance of an experience personal injury attorney.
If I miss work as a result of a Florida car accident, can my lost wages be recovered? | The Law Office of Brian R. Toung, P.A. | Brian Toung | https://www.briantoung.com/ | (386) 492-0022 | 947 Beville Rd., Suite 14 , South Daytona, Florida 32119
If you’ve lost wages as a result of a car accident, you submit that claim to your insurance company. Your personal injury protection benefits will pay 60% of your lost wages. If you were working at the time of the accident, then Workmans’ Comp will pay two-thirds of your lost wages. If you don’t have insurance, then it’s up to your attorney to recover your lost wages and your medical bills from the negligent party who caused the accident to begin with.
If I miss work as a result of a Florida car accident, can my lost wages be recovered? | Cameron D. Simpson, PA | Attorney At Law | https://www.camerondsimpson.com/ | 850-659-6512 | 152 Eglin Parkway N.E., Fort Walton Beach, Florida 32548
The Florida law states that you can receive 60% of your lost wages, up to $10,000, from your own PIP carrier.